Thursday, January 5, 2012

Champagne 'n Shadows

Shall I give it a go? 52 Weeks of Color Challenge starts this week.  Besides the usual time constraints, etc., I'm going to try doing this with vintage, Victorian, medieval whatever fits historically outfits.  Hopefully, I'll be digging into my closet trunks to see what I already own that will suit the color of the week. Of course, I'll be shopping - heavens - me, not shop?! 

The color of the week is champagne which always reminds me of classic fashion.  What better gown to wear than one of Nicky Ree's classic gowns - Lady Aurora.  This lovely creation comes with multiple variations of ballgowns from simple to full grand trains. Designing Nicky Ree's shop has always been one of my favorite shops. With this gown, the lace decorating the skirts and trains is so detailed and looks so expensive that if you were to shop in real life, there would be a major credit card damage being incurred to cover the costs. Most people only go to Nicky's for bridal gowns but you have to remember she has many different departments - not just formalwear.

Pulled a favorite necklace from the jewelry casket - Ami amet deli pencet French Brooch Necklace by Alchemy Immortalis.  It has changeable gems and metals which makes it a "must have" necklace.  Just checked on the necklace in the marketplace - go click now! It's on sale for 99L.  

Now, let's see if I can keep those shadows on the SL viewer!

~Credits
Gown: Designing Nicky Ree - Lady Aurora - Champagne
Skin: LAQ - Susan -Fair
Hair:  Truth - Francesca- pecan
Manicure: Adam n Eve Astrelle Blushed
Jewelry: Ami amet deli pencet French Brooch Necklace by Alchemy Immortalis
Shoes: GF Ribbon Sling Back Shoes
Poses by Striking Poses
Pose Anywhere Hud