Summer is an easy time though right now it is so hot that only the lightest of dresses will do. Wretched Dollies Stary Fairymeadow has this darling little sundress spangled in starry tulle fluffy skirt goodness.The bodice is a tiny pattern with a corset lacing up your waist. Necklace of pearls and gold quartz do remind me of Southern ladies who always wear their pearls. (Thank you Frau Lowey for the plurk reference to Maggie of Cat on Hot Tin Roof!) Did you hear me squeal? I was looking for sandals. Went looking in the closet for my Maitreye Shanti sandals. Squeal! Found I had the updated Viewer 2 versions! Did a little happy dance with the new skin updated notecard!
Star has a lovely blue Sky version of the Golden but for a limited time, there is the Hyacinth that comes with a white and black skirt. Just changed my shoes and pearls! That hot summer afternoon has me tossing my hair up with a bandeau. I confess if Truth has a new hair, I'm so there.
Now why does a historical vintage lady love these cute skirts? I have fond memories of my grandmother wearing her starched petticoats to church in the fifties. Of course, as little girl, I was dressed in the little lady version of the same - petticoats that had been bleached to white then dipped - yes, dipped - into liquid starch and water in the kitchen sink. The petticoats were then hung up to dry by their skirts. When you sat down on the church pew, little crinkley sounds echoed up and down the church aisles. And if the preacher talked way too long in the summer heat, the slow flutter of funeral fans waved the smell of Faultless starch and Shalimar perfume over the congregation.
I think my Maw Maw would have loved this dress which she would have worn with her pearls and peek-a-boo sandals. Really, a southern church lady grandma? Yes, if that Southern grandmother had played jazz piano and danced the Charleston when she was sixteen. Stay cool during this summer days!
~ Credits
Gowns - Wretched Dollies Stars Are Trump - Golden and Hyacinth (Limited Edition)
Necklace - Wretched Dollies Pearls & Golden Quartz and Black Pearls & Diamonds
Shoes - Maitreya Gold - Shanti Black and Chocolat
Skin - Tuli - Hope Fair and Bella Sunkissed
Hair - Truth - Nora and Riley


2 comments:
I love reading your posts. Thanks for sharing. Miss those old Southern Ladies, I do.
Post a Comment