Fairy Mushroom Dancing -Audrey Fotherington, Star Fairymeadow & Eleanor Anderton - Winterfell Asilim
Caledon Meeting with Desmond Shang - Caledon Oxbridge
Is there a way to fix this problem? I have gone into first life business mode and reviewed the announcements, the reactions, and listened when veterans such as Desmond Shang and Miss Serra spoke. I would like to have faith and trust in the Linden Labs corporation. For all that I can deduct, Linden Labs is making a clear cut marketing decision to leave their orginal customer base of leisure consumers. Why do this in a downturn of the world economy when people will be looking for reasonable costs, home entertainment and a creative outlet for those real world job stresses? Why would a corporation do a 180 degree turn in their strategies? These leisure consumers represent real life universities, companies and government entities. Why bite off the hand that feeds you? I came originally to Second Life to research this technology and use this as a base to learn how to use Web 2.0 tools. Will I recommend this SL as a platform for future educational purposes? I cannot find a clear cut reason for this absurd increase in the open sims cost, the elimination of the educational discounts, and the technical problems. In fact, as my typist blogs away, I'm not able to log in to Second Life...technical difficulties are listed on the grid status. In that real world, this level of performance would be evaluated, boxed into spreadsheet cells, calculated, and given a low grade. Participating in this Second Life - a mirror image of what is reflected in the evening news of performance reductions and corporate greed - is just not what I was searching for in this place.
Winterfell Community Meeting - Miss Serra
Winterfell and Caledon will survive - just in a different way. The communities are wrapped around each other with lines sewn in love. Caledon may look the same....a Victorian society outlined in lanes and great homes with the steam pumping builds here and there. The parks and oceans will be missed by some. Winterfell is not designed like Caledon. It is a country covered in water, hills, and mist. To lose the open sim islands here will change our Winterfell. Sailing will be limited to rivers and canals. Fairy dance circles, foggy ravines, and castle peaks overlooking villages may vanish into the mists. Miss Serra is already working on plans to keep us together in our vision of Winterfell. She is a fine strong person who believes in her creation and shares that creation with so many friends and family. The heart of Winterfell will stay strong....but we will cry as we watch our first love vanish.
My Home - Winterfell Harbor - Clan Aberconwy - Eleanor Anderton - Guardian & Protector

No comments:
Post a Comment