
Tossing out some random thoughts for the Widows of Caledon, the Wild Women of Winterfell and all those other friends and conversationalists. The library has such nice book discussion groups, etc.....but not everyone is into literature. Why not a movie review group? Heaven's knows we have those steampunk listings of movies Serafina and I finished off for the Caledon Library.! Settle in for an hour just to talk about our favorites movies...romance, sci fantasy, Mel Gibson...Hugh Grant....late great Paul Newman. Think you can figure out the rest of that theme!
I met a nice lady last night on ISC and later while shopping at the garden I sent her to...interesting, member of Caledon and among other topics we ended up on was of all things religion. She asked if I was a Christian (which I am but that still takes me aback when someone asks!) and we ended up talking about the connections between Celtic mythology and early Christianity in the celtic British isles. Made me think later...what an interesting idea for a discussion group - even for just a hour.
And a third thought, I dearly loved the Storytelling Round Robin I participated in but it faded when the facilitator's rl schedule interfered too much. We met every week or so, found a place that suited our story line (which we discussed and brainstormed at the end of each story time.) These were just random story lines we made up as we went. You told or chatted about a paragraph or so, then the next person had to adlib the next turn of the story. Most of the time we started out serious and ended up in hysterical with the side comments that just popped out during the story telling.
Now I know every one of you is an "expert" on something - either in Second Life or First Life. (hint - hint - quilting lady) What if we could merge those RL interests into discussion or study groups! Field trips around the grid to discover new interests!
What if our "widows" could come up with a list of fun, interesting, techie, stretch the mind a bit, groups for Caledon, Babbage, Winterfell, etc.? Something entertaining! Somewhere that folks could get together, talk, and visit! My Caledon SouthEnd build is just sitting there....three floors plus a roof just hanging out. And due to my prim lust, I still have another SouthEnd home for the teacher girl (heh!) which I have even hung up a framed print of the Merry Widows sign....possible open parlor for visiting. And I have the big white Vic still in Caledon II (which does have lag) but suitable for hanging out in the park. Well, anyway, there are places to toss down a chair and sit and visit out in the open for people to see us!!!
Let's have some fun - bring people together from our homes in Caledon, Winterfell, Babbage, and all the other wonderful places we have tossed our prims. Get people out together to walk and visit - not just sit in solitary loneliness watching the chat lines stutter across the screen.
*Besides, I have given up my blacks for now - smiles, "heh" - tossing my curls over my shoulder - and the girl just wants to have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment