Monday, August 25, 2008

Changes

Even in Caledon & Winterfell, the end of August brings changes - library collections, new builds, completing old ones, and stories that never end. Have finally come up with an idea for the Caledon SouthEnd building, which has been looking very lonely. Was just going to re-texture the outside and call it wonderful. However, my 'happy fingers' ended up deleting some of the interior textures! At least, I didn't blow the place up yet!

Old WallsFound some great exterior brick and plaster walls with charming windows - even flower boxes. Have decided to ask for custom interiors to match (don't you just hate it when you realize the windows aren't the same inside & out?). After much searching for period wallpaper that isn't under copyright, I had just about decided to go with plaster and paint. When out of the blue, I came up with an idea! Use my Clan Aberconwy tartan as wallpaper with the plaster or wood trim. Matching solid color walls as needed to hold vendors. The tartan would then carry the theme for the shop's name - Arcade.

New Walls Planning on three floors of tasteful shops and it looks like I will become a builder - will be easier to just build new walls and floors than to keep messing with the old originals.

Hopefully, Arcade will become a shopping destination for Caledon SouthEnd with Caliber, Laurel Crown, and other shops nearby. Now if I can only come up with something that is indispensable and turns into the ultimate impulse purchase! Hmmm, perhaps a Caledon tourist sovenier - tacky tea towels anyone?


Guess what? The building ended up looking like this! All mine!

1 comment:

Eleanor Anderton said...

And now it doesn't look anything like this!