Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wetting a Line - Caledon Style

Springtime has always been the time to drag out the fishing poles, untangle those skeins of line, and find a quiet sunny spot to while away an afternoon. Many of the world's problems would be solved if we just get those folks who make the decisions out on a river with a couple of poles and a bucket of crickets or a box of worms. Toss in a few baloney sandwiches and cokes in a cooler and a cool lazy drift down a river and everything can shrink down to a manageable size. Enough philosophy however!


What a lovely surprise to find that a neighbor of mine in Caledon II, Mr. Jeremy Pertwee, has opened to the public a fishing hole! One can try out your skill with a demo rod but you will be hooked immediately. Just plan on purchasing one of their excellent fishing rods. Find this fishing pier and small pond at 7Seas Fishing Pond


Have I mentioned you get to keep your catch? I can't decide whether to build an aquarium for the little swimmies or just plan a sushi party!

P.S. I managed to participate in the first fishing tournament. I now proudly display on my mantel a third place trophy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely review of our fishing game! I believe Mr. Jeremy Pertwee is the proprietor of that lovely fishing vista in Caledon. So glad it's welcomed by the neighbors!

Eleanor Anderton said...

Why thank you for noticing my little journal. Writing one's blog without access to Caledon meant I couldn't run down the road and check for the owner of the fishing pier behind my house! I'll add Mr. Pertwee's name to the details.