Saturday, August 10, 2013

Going Medieval


Moving Winterfell Harbor across the bay means my nearest neighbor is Max Graf, owner and designer extraordinaire of Rustica.  Being next door means I can hang out - literally.  Has everyone followed the hidden tunnels in the Rustica castle to end up hanging out over the mountain rocks below?  I know I loved this when I was a young Victorian librarian back in the day.

Max has been working on these awesome doublet shirts in mesh.  After hours of working on perfect mesh shirts - he finished the doublets! He dropped me a copy of the chain maille shirt since I needed the protection in case of being attacked by pirates.  More likely, knowing me and my terraforming abilities, I was probably going to be buried under boulders.


The chain maille version is well worn with dirt and rusty spots.  There are 3 versions of the armor bracers (those things that look like long shirt cuffs) I grabbed the leather ones since I could haul the wheelbarrows of dirt around easier than in iron or steel bracers.  The doublets for ladies and guys under the bitch and bastard labels are available this month at the We Love Role-Play shopping event.


Now I had an excuse - like I needed a reason to shop, I went to my new favorite monthly shopping place - We Love Role-Play.  The doublets are there in one of the market pavilions. More mesh goodies are everywhere for the medieval ladies, knights, elven, mermaid folks.  It's grand to have a one-stop place to see what is being designed for the role-play groups and those like myself who just like to dress up in another century.  Honestly, many of those long gowns and short tunics will look just fine for contemporary fashions.

I picked up the Muses new Penghel Armor sets at We Love Role-Play in brown and bone.  Realized I needed a more gray set, so took off for the Muses main store. Check out the other variations available on their blog  Of course, just in case of invaders, I couldn't resist arming myself.  Now I have a Primus Granium bow with arrows.  Now if I can figure out the firing system...hmmm...there are now a bunch of blue arrows buried in the sands of the Harbor.  Maybe I'll just stick to my cannons since it looks like Max is arming his WIP ships.


~ Outfit

Doublet - bitch @ We Love Role-Play - Chaine Maille Sleeved Doublet and Armor braces - leather
Pants and Boots - the Muses - Penghel Armor - Grey
Hair - Slink - Constance sorrel
Skin - Izzie Irene natural
Hands - Slink - Casual
Weapon - Primus Grumium Bow- available at We Love Role-Play
Sim - Rustica



No comments: