![]() | |
| Winterfell Harbor Stone Guardian |
Winterfell Harbor at sunset was calm and quiet in the darkening skies. Waves were stirred by the winds in overhead. It had been a odd week. Rumbles under the harbor's seas had brought old stone ruins pushed up from the sea floor - debris of storms long past. Instead of the usual kelp and seaweed floating past, you could peek down and see a blue glow coming from plants no human eye had ever seen. When I snagged one with a fishing line, it sparkled in the sunlight. What was going on? Doors were opening and slamming on their own at night. Even this morning, I tried to step thru the library door and was blocked from moving. I reached out and touched....felt like a cold stone wall but nothing was there. Down in the wine cellar, prized bottles had tumbled to the floor...so much for that Christmas wine! Candles flickered without a window open. I was blaming it on Lord Tiger and Tigger Cat. Lord Tiger was the reason for my sunset stroll, he had disappeared from the Great Hall. Tigger had curled up on his little couch as if hiding from the world - even with his head tucked under a cushion. No cat meowed under a bush. No bird chirped sleepily from a branch. Tonight was peaceful, except for the missing kitty. As my evening habit, I stopped to check on the stone guardians of my home - giving their stone towers a quiet pat of gratitude for their diligence.
![]() | |
| Fog? Blue mists? Rolling over the manor? |
![]() | |
| Dark Clouds Gathering |
Last thing I saw before the storm blasted my view into darkness was the solitary heron out by the pond. I grabbed Tigger in my arms and huddled by library fireplace.
Suddenly it was quiet. As Tigger stirred in my arms, I realized I could see sunlight - grey with clouds but still the setting sun. The manor was destroyed with only the library chimney and fireplace still standing. Everything was wiped clean. I stepped hesitantly out onto what was now a rocky landing high above the sea waters. Tigger meowed and I heard an answering kitty. That rogue kitty, Lord Tiger popped up from under a rock. I gathered the two cats in my arms. Seeing a cottage roof still standing across the bridge, I picked my way across the rocks and slid down the muddy hill for a dry place to spend the night. Who knew what I would find in the morning? What was the laughter coming from the ancient oak tree? I was too tired to investigate. Sunday would be a better day.



No comments:
Post a Comment