Friday, April 25, 2008

Winterfell Laudanum

Which came first - the manor or the land in Winterfell? First just a small plot of land! I had been mooning over the Glen Ardour Cottage home in Creative Fantasy. So with a few clicks, I purchased my lot from Miss Serra Anansi and set up my new home. We won't talk about my first efforts at terraforming - needless to say I was missing some lawn by the time I had homes, garden, and fairy tree planted! Then a neighbor moved away. So tempting was that next door lot with more prims! I dreamed of another home to add to what was turning into a couple of homes into an estate between Caledon II and Winterfell. I was resisting until the shop La Belle Vie announced that they were closing. I went shopping - just for furniture - hah! Very few people knew that the designer Zasa Rossini had pre-fabs for sale in the back. I went back to Winterfell, measured that lot next door, and rushed back to check for square footage. Tried to ignore that yellow lot but caved! I really meant to buy one of the homes---but I just fell in love with the Old Chapel & Manor. The textures are so beautiful with the stained glass, Gothic windows, and sunlight pouring into the chapel with painted mural ceilings. Winterfell Laudanum had some more lots come available and thanks to the lovely Miss Serra, I then traded my two lots for one great big one!!! Now I am building and settling in the Aberconway Chapel & Manor. I learned my lesson with the terraforming so I've been building a old Norman castle base that the chapel rests on. Remembering from history, how families built their manors on top of the older sites. Now I'm attempting some archaeological artifacts from the Roman era to just be peeking from underground. Maybe I should go pray or meditate in the chapel.....and my apologies to Miss Serra for accidentally flinging the cross across two sims!
Oh, and my Glen Ardour Cottage that started my stay in Winterfell? Going up in a sky box - watch out Winterfell for falling objects!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

:) So very pleased to have another prim thrower in the neighbourhood! With the two of us around at least they will have to inspect an object before they know which corner of Laudanum it exploded from.....
Still trying really hard not tomove next door in my own personal quest for more prims. I did notice quite a bit of traffic on the block... so maybe I wont have to worry!