Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Real Life Meets Second Life


Dear readers, I'm sorry for the delay. It is amazing that one's real life sometimes interferes with one's second life. Lovely chatting among the academia types about education's future role in 3-D internet today. When asked, if anyone knew about Second Life, I quietly raised my hand. Turns out that the university these gentle folks are affliated with have been asked to explore Second Life for virtual classroom applications. It was a "ahhh haaa" moment! Gave me new ideas and avenues to explore in practical applications - not just what one reads in the journals of note. Also, since these professorial types have my "real life" email, I may part of the greeting party at Orientation Island. Do I hold up a sign like a limo driver at the airports waiting on their fares? "University of - - - - - - faculty"!

2 comments:

Edward Pearse said...

My own RL University has thrown it's lot onto the SL grid as well. I'm currently debating how much of my SL self I should reveal to my RL educators. I know several of my friends have "work alts" (which I am highly jealous of people being paid to *play* SL) but it may be time for a "study alt".

Eleanor Anderton said...

A "study alt" does makes one think of the possibilities. Hmmmm, I would have to add another calendar and schedule to keep who was supposed to be where.